Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hugging & toenail gone

Johnson started to give me a hug before leaving home for school last week & Nickson will follow but only when he is in good mood (forgot which day, he didn't hug me cos he is unhappy - heehee also forgotten why).

This morning, we were abt to give each other a big hug then "OOOOUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHH" (I must have frightened Johnson with my loud scream, he is stunned), he kicked my toenail & it nearly dropped out (this is worst!!!). So I have to bear with the pain (luckily my tolerance level quite high, esp in front of my kids) & gave him a big hug. After he & Nickson left for school, I started to treat my "injury". Managed to cut half of the broken nail & plastered my toe with Hansaplast (thought of leaving the balance job to a doctor).

If I knew what was going to happen at the clinic, I shall treat the wound myself (serious). I was told there are 2 ways to treat the wound : first is to leave it & let the new nail grow & the old one will drop off itself. Second is to jab & remove the nail & it will take 6 months to grow (what's the problem?). My choice : second way, however my choice was being ignored. Another Hansaplast was given to my toe & a small tube of ointment was prescribed!!! - So easy to be a doctor, waste my time & money.

P.S. Johnson called me in the afternoon to say "sorry" (in a very soft voice). No worries, this is just a small injury, compared to a warm hug every morning!!! Heeheehee...

4 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

OMG! That was bad... hope that u are fine now.... :)

By the way, i had tag u on a MEME game on - "5 Things To Eat Before You Die". Hope u can join in a play with us.. .u can refer on my blog on how to do it... thanks

Chin Family of 6 said...

Heehee...go where to play huh. Later got time I'll go & take a look at yr blog.

It is better now not as painful as yesterday (high tolerance mah).

Anonymous said...

ouch!!!! my last toenail had tore off be4 too. Now that it grown back, it looks very ugly black in color. (dun know why) That's why don't dare to go pedicure anymore. Anyway, yr boy also very sweet to call u and apologize. So sweet charming boy :)

Chin Family of 6 said...

Yalor, my colleague also say that, it will become black black....wahhhhhh so ugly how??? Hopefully this one is ok cos the last time I went to the zoo with a pair of new shoe & kanna blisters & after that 2 toenails dropped off. Luckily it is ok now - not black black..heheehe