Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I am sitting beside a Scientist



I am thinking what to write today as there's nothing special going on (still as busy at work & home). Then I found these pictures in my folder taken on 11 July 2006.

Let me introduce this colleague of mine (located beside me), he is a happy father (his girl, Denise going 1 soon) & he likes bread for breakfast & lunch, apple for teabreak & loved to play Sudoko during lunchtime.

This container (see 1st pic) belonged to him, it has been there for months already. Linda has helped him to put the apples (2 of them - 1 big, 1 small) into the container months ago due to fumigation. When he is away for reservist in July, I was curious about the container & wondered what has happened to the apples??? "They must be rotten!!!" (thinking aloud).

When I turned the container upside down & found that the expiry date - no lah, MOULD was found there!!! OMG, what do you think when I opened it up??? No-one (Marilyn or Linda) dare to see, except me (holding my breathe), the big apple was gone, left only the spoon (orange coloured), a plastic cup & the small apple were there. The small apple really sinked into the cup (this is his WISH - he ever asked me, do you think the apple will sink into the cup?) & this really happened!!!

We took these photos & sent via urgent email to him (reminder : he is away for reservist & has his laptop with him) but he only read it on his return (so sad). He wasn't surprised at all instead he asked, "why didn't you threw it away???" Aiyoh, I'm keeping this for him to see with his own eyes, lol. He wanted to throw it into his dustbin which I do not allowed him to do so & make him walk all the way to the pantry dustbin.

See, aren't I sitting beside a Scientist??? He reminded me of James Tan (UIC), another scientist ex-colleague whom keep water bottle of fungus in the training room.

No comments: