Monday, August 28, 2006

Violet continue to bloom


My African Violet had 4 small flowers this morning. These are the other 3 pots of them on my office desk. They are still very small, just wondering when will they bloom? One or 2 years from now???


Last Friday, I went to Elizabeth's desk to take a pic of my previous pot (the one with white flowers). Surprisingly after 3 years, it is still blooming. She was curious to know why am I taking a photo of the plant after so many years, didn't tell her about my blog yet (heehee).

Cynthia asked me to take a pic of her African violet when it blooms (very soon) & posts it to my blog. I have agreed to it and very soon we will see another blooming African violet. Isn't it great to see flowers blooming, especially after you have taken so much care of the plant? It is kind of returns you get, they will smile widely to you whenever you see them.


P.S. Before I forgot, Lena, here is how I grow African Violet fm a leaf. My colleagues used to put the leaf in a cup filled with water for it to grow roots, however I am too lazy to do that, I'll just plant the leaf at the corner of the pot & let the seedlings/leaves to grow. When it is slightly bigger I'll repot them to the middle of the pot.

2 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. Lilian, That's very interesting... can u help me to grow a small pot... so next round when i visit my mother in law in bedok i can drop by your place and collect it...lolz....

Chin Family of 6 said...

I tried to find flowerpot fm EastPoint today but to no avail. Will try to find one fm Bedok when I go there for lunch (heehee...monthend now a bit difficult).