Friday, November 17, 2006

My dream to see Snow - fulfilled

In Singapore, we do not have winter & I really wish I can see snow someday though I heard from Hui Chien that it will be super cold during Winter cos her mum experienced it in Japan when I borrowed her winterwear for our trip to Yunnan several years ago. At that time, it was 12 degrees in the night when we were at Guizhou & it was really cold but there wasn't any snow.
Being a mountain tortoise, I have asked Cynthia how do snow looked like, does it look like ice kacang? She told me it is about the same cos she seen it before in Boston.

Yippy, it is my chance to see snow but not in Boston, New Zealand or Japan but in Singapore Snow City!!! The childcare have brought my boys there before & they told me it was fun. The days before our trip, I kept asking them what do they have there & they told me you can slide down the slope, throw snow balls at each other & they also have igloo... wow, sound great!

I can't wait to see with my own eyes.

The day has come!!! We were supposed to go for the 12.45pm session & we had a short briefing in one of the compartment & when they opened the door to the "actual" place... ... alamak, why so small? Quite disappointed, very different from what I have in mind. Yes they do have a sliding area, an area for playing snow & an igloo, but ... ... nvm.




I had a hard time looking for a right helmet for Allyson & walking up the slope is really killing me as I have to carry Allyson all the way up there as I'm worried that she might not be able to stand the cold. I was quite scare to slide down the slope initially but it was a wonderful experience with Allyson in front of me (both of us facing in front), then I was in front of Allyson (both of us looking upwards the slope) & the next moment, we were at the foot of the slope. It happened too fast.

Johnson has enjoyed to the fullest, he slided down the slope at least 20 times & get all his clothings wet (end up I have to walk all the way to Science Centre to get new shirt & shorts for him). Randson joined him about 10 times too. As for Nickson, he has a bad experience previously so he refused to join in the fun & was playing the snow with Allyson. Mum could not stand the cold & left the compartment after 40 minutes.

Overall, I would say we do enjoyed ourselves & I have fulfilled one of my dream. Regrets are some of the staff are not friendly/helpful (maybe shorthanded) & the place is not as big as what I have expected.

希望越大,失望更大!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Lovely family u have!! Looks like it is fun out there! I chanced upon yr site while trying to find some related stuff for African Violet..coincidentally u and I have a common fren - wat a small world!!

Anonymous said...

WOW u guys seem to hv a great time there. Allyson looks sweet and cute in that jacket.

Chin Family of 6 said...

Heehee..yes I've seen your name in Pamy's blog. Welcome to my little world.