Friday, November 10, 2006

P4 report book

Johnson got his report book today, unexpected he got Band 3 for all his subjects. I thought he would be getting Band 2 for his English & Maths (he used to be strong in these subjects). He told me he did his best but I felt that he has not put in his very best effort.

His grades have dropped quite alot after joining this class, I have checked with the school & was told that the change was done randomly (not based on results). Not sure what do they mean by random? By name, weight or height?

When I told his English teacher about his unhappiness in class (eg, when it is time for teamwork, he is the only one who has to do the job - As a mother, I can understand his frustration so I have asked him to take up the challenge, as the one who did more will learn more). The teacher replied, "You have to let him mixed around & faced different challenges."

Yes, she is right, mixed around, if you can't change them, you join them. Hence this is reflected in his results!!!


P.S. Sorry I'm not blaming the teacher or school, perhaps the old school system which I have attended is better but it can be quite stressful if you are not doing well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't remember my pri school grade was categorized by band 3 or band 2. What's that? dear me, so sua ku.

Chin Family of 6 said...

Yes, I knew it when Johnson attended Pri 1. If I don't remember wrongly, Band 1 is 85 & abv, Band 2 70 to 79, Band 3 51 to 69, while Band 4 is below 50.

Anonymous said...

ic, but i don't get it. Band 1, band 2, all these namings seem so meaningless to me. At least, ABC is much more better.