Monday, September 25, 2006

Children's Day vs Quarterend


Received the memo from the childcare centre on the 2nd week of September informing us that there will be a Children's Day celebration on the 28 Sep 2006. The theme for this Children's Day is 'Masquerade'. We are supposed to dress our child up as fairy tales, Letterland or nursery rhymes characters or sea creatures. The costume and mask worn by the children have to be made from recycled materials.

I didn't crack my head until 24 Oct 2006, 4 days before the Children's Day celebration (it happened to be quarterend whereby it is the busiest period in the office). Randson didn't know what he wanted to be so I suggested to dress him up as Humpty Dumpty but Randson didn't want to. I told Cynthia about my idea & she said that I am bad. Humpty Dumpty is cute, don't you think so.

Finally Randson decided to be a magician when we were talking about Maple Story in the lorry. I quickly sms Cynthia to check whether she has unused trashbag where she can pass it to me to make it into a magician robe.

I started working on it around 10pm in the night after I have finished the household chores. Cutting out the stars & new moon from empty chicken essence & tissue boxes. Painting the hat made fm old posters. Making a belt from the unwanted egg tray.

All done & it is already 12 midnight... to be continued the next day.

No comments: