Saturday, September 23, 2006

Home cooked food


I am lucky to have my mum helping out during the weekdays where my kids get to eat home cooked food & well taken care by their grandmother.

Therefore every Saturday, I will try my very best to cook for them (at least 1 meal). After reading Pamy's & Lena's blog plus food suggestions from Cynthia during the weekdays, I will never run out of ideas/recipes what to cook during the weekends (usually no cooking on Sunday for me, we would either eat at the usual coffeeshop or have pizza for dinner, otherwise my hubby will do the cooking).

Today we have a simple home cooked dinner :

1. a steamed fish with only ginger & mushroom cos I forgot to buy tomato. It is really a very big fish & I have a hard time removing its scales.

2. Vegetable fried with pork & mushroom.

3. Bah Kut Tea - abit too spicy whereby Randson drink until he perspired but Nickson really loved it, he had 2 bowls of soup.

4. Watermelon as dessert. The four of them loved watermelon, Randson was asking for water cos the Bah Kut Teh was too spicy & my hubby asked him, "why do you need water, you have watermelon". Then the whole family laughed.

It was an enjoyable dinner though the dishes are so simple.

P.S. The most happy person is the Cook, cos there wasn't any leftover today!!!

4 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

Yup.... Lilian sometime a simple homecook food will also made the whole family happy. So don't worry of what u cook.... actually is the tots and heart that counts.....:)

We love Bah Kut Teh also.. but i used the Seah's brand Singapore Bah Kut Teh.. cos out of so many brand.. i like that 1...lolz

Chin Family of 6 said...

Ok, I'll try that the next time cos this claypot brand is abit too spicy for the kids. I've tried the A1 brand before but forgot abt the taste (poor memory).

Anonymous said...

hey, i also used seah's bah kut teh. very nice and not spicy.

Chin Family of 6 said...

Ok ok, cfm must buy.