Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A game of cockles

Nickson & I loved to eat cockles. We will "play" with the cockles before we eat them - lol. I will leave them in a small basin & waited for them to open their "mouths". This is a game which my dad taught me when I was young.

I will take a rubberband & put it into the opened "mouth" & swing it like a swing. It is fun!!! You got to be fast, otherwise it will be closed quite immediately when the rubberband touches the cockle.

I taught my kids about this game & they loved it too. They will sit around the basin with a rubberband in their hands. Sometimes they will get impatient cos it would take quite a long time for the cockles to open up. But I believed they do enjoy playing this just like me when I was young. (Missing my dad... )

No comments: